Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Chicken Wings Double Bento


Chicken Wings Double Bento, originally uploaded by sherimiya ♥.
It's chicken wings again! I know, I know. It seems like it was just yesterday, but I looked back to see when it was we had them last, and it was 2 weeks ago. Really! Of course, we did have mochiko chicken just last week. But then, don't you have chicken at least once a week too? We probably rotate a few standards throughout the week: chicken, fish, pasta and a rice meal usually make an appearance pretty regularly. Today we had chicken wings that we grilled in Korean barbeque sauce, but the ones I packed in the kids' bento were plain. They really love these. If you haven't made them yet for your kids (or yourself), you really should. Click here for the recipe. I used the EcoLunchBox to pack my second-grader's bunch o' wings in a lettuce wrap, along with red kabocha and asparagus that were roasted alongside the wings. There's also a carrot and some tomatoes for color. In the little cup he has cottage cheese with blueberries and blackberries.
TinySprite's bento has another bunch o' wings in a lettuce wrap (which ends up being decorative, unlike her brother's, which he will eat), a cup of the same kabocha and asparagus, a watermelon radish heart, a mini mandarin, grapes and a strawberry. Who can say no to wings? You should see the giant pile we cooked for dinner; and I won't tell you how many went on my plate... Addictive!
Linked this one to What's For Lunch!

12 comments:

  1. hmm..yummy chicken wings. Can i have some? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bentos are very pretty. I use a lot of chicken too in my bento, about 2-3 times a week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks mama elaine and Mayu! I think chicken is so versatile, can be used in so many dishes, and most everyone likes the taste. It's perfect for bento :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to put chicken wings inside the bento box because of their size. Plus kids love it. Beautiful double bento and please tell TS, I love the watermelon radish heart (^。^)♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's exactly the reason I love these tiny wings too! Personally I rather have more meat (piggy me) but they really love these the most.
    I'll tell her and I know she'll share with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chicken wings were invented for bento dontcha know! :)

    Is that a new box? (the white one)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to be back and see so many nice bentos of yours! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chicken wings are so nice! Tho... I have a slight problem with girl number 2, she has a thing for messing her little fingers and she usually whines about needing to eat with her hands. Ahahaa , weird lady :D
    Beautiful bentos! Can I have that asparagus there?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy chicken wings!! I never thought to put korean bbq sauce on them.. Ooh you're good. The thing with chicken wings, we have to take the meat off the bones for the kiddo. Otherwise, she won't pick it up and eat it. Hey Lily, we're joining your kiddo #2 club. lol! Love the colours in your bento Sheri, all through winter your bentos look like summer freshness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I came here via justbento and I love your site and the beautiful bento you make for your chidren. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Swoon--the starry blue background is a fav, love to see it here harmonizing with sizzling orange squash and that stunning cheese and berry cup. Delightful, happy...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debra, you're right. Tiny wings for TinySprite :) This box is pretty old. I have a yellow one too. I should use it more because it's just the right size for her right now. Thanks :)

    Thanks KidsDreamWork!

    Karaimame and Chantale, that's funny. I wish my kids cared about being clean! They have no problem grabbing greasy wings at all. And then wiping fingers wherever is most convenient. SIGH. Thank you ladies !

    Thanks a lot for visiting Marfio!

    Thank you for the sweet words, Bentobird. I always think of you when I see this fabric now :)

    ReplyDelete