Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year Bento!

Tomorrow is the Lunar New Year, when we celebrate the Year of the Rabbit. And since the dragon is a part of the celebration, I've included a dragon cut from dragonfruit in TinySprite's snack bento today. It's playing with a blackberry ball atop a bed of sweet and juicy Cara cara oranges. We didn't have a lunch bento today since we went out for lunch and a window-shopping stroll on this beautiful sunny day. It was a wonderful way to send out the last day of the year. Along with the red and gold decorations I added some garden roses. Four of my roses bushes happened to have a perfectly fragrant bloom open today, so I cut them for display in the picture, and now they are in a glass vase on our table. Strangely enough, even my (normally Fall-blooming) dahlia also had a blossom on it. I think this unseasonably warm stretch of weather we've been having is confusing the plants. I hope Spring weather and temperatures will arrive in the rest of the snow-bound country very soon. In the meantime, Happy Chinese New Year!

16 comments:

  1. Wow, that is an awesome Dragon!!! I love that you used (heehee) a dragonfruit! Happy CNY. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thtanks Susan, and thanks for giving me the idea with your dragon, heh! I finally used my cutter. First time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so pretty : ) I've been needing some inspiration for how to display dragon fruit in my bento : ) Happy Chinese New Year ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dragon, beautiful :) Happy Chinese New Year Sheri!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!!! The dragon is just stunning. What a wonderful treat :D Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, so fun! Dragonfruit dragon.. that's so awesome! Wishing you all the very best Sheri, full of happiness & health! One day, I hope to meet you and all tw friends IRL. Til then, happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dragonfruit dragon! I am not afraid to eat it!! ^_^
    Happy Chinese New Year to you too! Wish you a wonderful year, all the best to your lovely family too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice!! Love the dragonfruit dragon! Happy Lunar New Year to you too!! flowers bloom at a perfect time, welcoming the year of the rabbit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy new year from Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful and amazing! Happy Chinese New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Comtesse du Cupcakes, Margot, natakiya, Becky, Chantale, karaimame, Mrs. P, einfachbento and Catsparella.
    Happy Chinese New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely image, a fresh breeze of warm energy ripples from this beautiful bento, happy new year! Seeing your roses in bloom is so uplifting!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow i am amazed with the dragon that you cut! is the cutter easy to use? just so lively!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, the cutter is very well-made and easy to use. There's a whole series including a Phoenix as well. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete