Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bean & Rice Wrap Bento


Bean & Rice Wrap Bento, originally uploaded by sherimiya ♥.
Today, since TinySprite has been stuck at home with congestion, I decided to do some cleaning. As a result I came across a bunch of photocopies I made several months ago of a bunch of lunch ideas. Wow, and on a day that I was putting off bento planning -- perfect! First on the list: Things to put in a tortilla wrap. Great!

So here's today's bento: black beans, black rice, soytaco, spinach, cilantro, green onions, and cheddar cheese. All folded into a whole wheat tortilla and cut in half. I didn't make a "roll" because if I leave the ends open, my boy will pick it up and half the fillings will just slide out the other end. But if I fold up the bottom, then fold in the sides, it makes a little pocket that he can eat more easily. To fill in this box I added a piece of steamed broccoli, some carrots, grape tomatoes and peapods. On the fruit side I was able to squeeze in a strawberry, a sliced kiwi and a couple grapes. This box is the Pokemon one, and it's super cute, but sometimes a challenge to fit everything in. After I took the shot, I lay the 2 halves down flat and put the tomatoes over on the fruit side.

I was so happy that the sun decided to make an appearance for my photo! Makes for a much nicer shot than the dreary ones I have been taking lately..

16 comments:

  1. very wholesome roll. agree with u that taking pix under natural light is best. hope tinysprite feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy, Love the duckie skewers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks javapot! She feels fine. I'm chasing her all over the house wiping her nose every 10 minutes but she hasn't slowed down a bit. :)

    Thanks a lot BentoBeginner; yeah they're supercute, and perfect for when I need YELLOW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful and bright shot - send that sun my way, mmmmkay? those wraps look delicious and healthy, and the details in this one are as charming as always (esp. those little duckies)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure megan, though we're losing it tomorrow already :(
    Thanks for your sweet comments as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blue setting for today's bento. Tortilla wrap with all the yummy fillings inside just delicious! And it's a good idea to make a pocket style so will not messy. Beautiful on the bento & the picture as well (^.^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks a lot Lia! I have a big stack of small scrapbook papers and don't know why I never thought to use a bunch together since each is too small by itself. Glad to hear it looks okay... I think maybe no one sees the photo the way it looks to me on my monitor, maybe my computer is deceiving me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous bento! I love how the blue box makes all of the other colors pop! Those are the tastiest bean burritos that I have ever seen- Yum!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks a lot Susan! I've made bean burritos before but for some reason never thought to put rice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tortilla wraps looks so yummy and healthy! Such a colourful bento, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy tortilla pocket! Your photo is so beeyoooteefoool Sheri. I love the BG too :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea! I definitely want to try this one. Shoot I think I would like to bring this to lunch for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a bright delight--those wraps look just soooo good and the duckies are adorable. Great sunshiny shot, too!! Yummmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks a lot KidsDreamwork, tatabonita, Dawn and bentobird! Appreciate your sweet comments a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks sooooooooooooooo delicious !!! you are such a source of inspiration !!! yummi yummi !! for the eyes and for the stomach AHAHAH ! Smooches from Belgium ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks a lot Sandrine!
    That's so sweet of you :D

    ReplyDelete