Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Ninja In The Fruit Bento!


Ninja In The Fruit Bento!, originally uploaded by sherimiya ♥.
This snack bento is for my 2 year old TinySprite ~ a nori-wrapped hard-boiled egg ninja standing guard with his various weaponry. Watching over the satsuma mandarin, sugar plum, black grapes, strawberry and raspberry. Sword, dagger and throwing star shaped cucumber.
Inspired by fellow flickr bentoist MAHOUTAKE's egg man, and a challenge! Come eat the fruit! Dare you!

Little snack bento for toddler usuallly consists of fruit and cheese -- her favorite foods -- but I usually try to add some protein and veggies as well. Eggs and peanut butter are good stand-bys. She loves hard-boiled egg, which she will eat yolk and all, but for some reason she is not a fan of scrambled eggs or omelet, unfortunately. If your child is picky about certain foods, perhaps the stubborn one may come around if you present the food in a different form. Beans and peas are another specialty food; she prefers them deshelled. Don't bother to deshell them first; little kids love to "play" with their food and may even end up eating more if you let them pop the peas out themselves. My girl may be picky, but I can be sneaky too :)

22 comments:

  1. This ninja looks great! I have not the heart to steal a single fruit =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a kid, my mom always prepared boiled egg for everyone and we had to eat it every morning before go to school. It nice to see how you turn that hard boiled egg into a very cute ninja :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha...this is super cool, love the sword and so does sunny. agree with Lil'chan, will have to think twice be4 grabbing a fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sneaky little ninja! The sword is amazing, I wouldn't try to take his fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's so incredibly awesome!! Very clever bento :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG .. too cute!!! I know my boys would love to bring something like this to school. TFS ..love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! the ninja egg is so cute! it'd be perfect for my 6 year old 'cause she's an orange belt in karate! However, her elementary school has pretty much outlawed egg in any form (especially devilled) because there's a kid with a severe allergy to it. That, and peanut butter is off limits for bringing to school. What a drag. I'll have to try making the ninja egg at home because it is so cool and she loves boiled eggs and nori. You're so inspirational. I'll have to buck up and try harder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much Lil'chan, Lia, javapot, Jenn, natakiya, natesgirl, just a MOM, Athman and Cakebrain!! Appreciate your comments, friends!!

    Cakebrain, wow, that's so cool! My 6yo is yellow belt and he can't wait for weapons training at next level. Your girl would really love it I bet :)
    Hope you can try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Bento, my five year old would love that Ninja - I'll have to make that one for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Lisa! Yeah, go for it! I should really do the same for my 6yo, since this one was eaten by my toddler girl. He would flip :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll have to make that one for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so cute! I tried the same thing but yours looks way better! the weapons are essential for a ninja ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree; the weapons make the ninja fierce!

      Delete