Thursday, December 31, 2009

Furikake Mahi Mahi Bento


Furikake Mahi Mahi Bento, originally uploaded by sherimiya ♥.
Furikake mahi mahi, brown rice, kimchi, cherry tomato. Pineapple and sliced grape. All my Hawaii bento are non-cooked by me! (so far)
We're still in Hawaii on vacation, and that is my excuse for another ready-made bento. I love furikake mahi mahi. You have to use lots of mayonnaise to get the furikake to stick while you cook the fish, and so it's not super healthy. Plus, I can't ever get it to cook without burning. But it's very yummy! I got this one from Loco Moco. Have you been eating healthy over the holidays? I am definitely eating more than usual, and more sweets than usual too. I know the new year has nearly started (a few more hours here), but I will go back to cooking healthy bento as soon as we get back! Til then, maybe this one and another local grinds bento to fill in the blog?
^_^

9 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying your visit! It's nice to have a break from cooking. Wishing you and yours the best in the new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Angi and Judy! Happy new year to you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheri, furikake mahi mahi looks very interesting for me. Wish you & family once again ... Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lia! You still checking blogs? I am very behind in mine! Have to get back out of vacation mode pretty soon.. :) Thanks much for your nice wishes~! I hope you can be with your family again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, vacation mode. Yeah, I think I was joining it, too. But now, back to blog reading and writing ;)
    This mahi mahi looks really interesting! How does it taste? I think I will not move to Hawaii in the near future, so I would be glad about some more detailed comments about the Hawaiian food you use ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back to you Lil'chan! I love furikake, so putting it on fish is delicious to me. You don't need any other flavoring this way, and it's crunchy and salty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm, crunchy and salty are some of my favorite taste combinations! Lovely post, inspires to me get into a leaner post-holiday way of eating. Yay flavorful fish, veggies and fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi bentobird,
    Me too! Thanks! I hope I can get back into healthier post-holiday bentomaking too.. soon :)

    ReplyDelete