Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Tree Bento


Christmas Tree Bento, originally uploaded by sherimiya ♥.
Sticky rice, the sequel. When you make a big batch, it lasts a couple days! I formed a bowl of rice, putting the "fillings" underneath so I would have a plain rice top to decorate. I made a steamed broccoli Christmas tree, decorated with tiny carrot disc cutout ornaments. They aren't stuck on, so they'll probably scatter all over by lunchtime :) Tofu circles and halved tomatoes surround. Fruit bowl has kiwi and raspberry "holly" atop satsuma mandarins.

Merry Christmas, it's coming!

12 comments:

  1. It's such a lovely festive bento! Makes me all ready for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy this bento very much, so botanically delicious! Creative use of kiwi slices. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Go botanibento! Looking forward to your floralicious bento this week! Thanks for visiting hapa bento :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would welcome this xmas broccoli tree anytime, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really festive bento ;) I love the tree idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lov how you cut the kiwi. I never think of doing that...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks javapot!
    Thanks to you Lil'chan :)
    Thanks mook!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheri, I don't think I need any Christmas trees at home. Having this bento is enough to get the full happiness of Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so sweet Lia. {hugs} Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the cute kiwi holly leaves :-)

    ReplyDelete