Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Salmon and Lil' Mouse Bento

Salmon and Mouse Bento by sherimiya ♥
Salmon and Mouse Bento, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
This week's salmon and rice format is packed in a newish two-tier strawberry shapes bento set from Daiso; so cute right? And only $1.50; you can't beat that. The only problem is that it's just a tad bit big, so I think the salmon layer probably moved around a bit by lunchtime. TinySprite gets red rice and salmon with furikake kabocha, a little cup of steamed corn off the cob, and a cute radish mouse. The lower tier contains white peach slices, cherries, blueberries and homegrown sunsugar and yellow pear tomatoes. Simple but satisfying.

14 comments:

  1. That is the cutest mouse ever! Love the box too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squee at the radish mouse :o) And the strawberry box looks cute too. And even if the salmon moved around a bit, I'm sure she had a lovely lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily she's not the type to get too bent out of shape at mixing of foods. She liked it well enough to finish it. Thanks Ingrid!

      Delete
  3. nice to meet you..i love bento box and you are super....;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sly! Appreciate your nice words and happy to meet you too :)

      Delete
  4. I love the facial expression of this mouse. Hee hee so cute! When you put peaches/nectarines etc, does the fruit change color? Or you squeeze lemon? Your lunch is always fresh and delicious, and not to mention CUTE. You will be surprised how I make bento... it's like for an adult. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I don't know if they change color; I haven't heard any complaint so I didn't worry about it. Lemon would work though. I bet your delicious bento get rave reviews, cute or not! My cute is very minimal!

      Delete
  5. Oh, too cool! Where do you find individual containers from Daiso?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a Daiso store near me; they have a big kitchen and bento section where I found this cute strawberry set. Not sure if it's available online.

      Delete
  6. Love your bentos! I have a problem keeping the food from mixing. My kids never get to see what it's " supposed" to look like. Any tips?! Thanks!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, I have that problem too sometimes. This kind of deep container is not the best for making something delicate; I should have used something smaller and more snug. If you press the radish down into the rice, it has a better chance of staying put. Hope this helps!

      Delete