Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Egg Salad Pita with Cheddar Jack Bento

Okay, I only have about a week left for Halloween bento so I better get moving. Today I made a quick no-cook bento for MisterMan using a sandwich round pita. Have you seen these? They are pocket sandwich rounds which are perforated along their diameter so that you can tear them neatly in half to have two pita pockets. How convenient! I lined this one with lettuce and filled with a few scoops of egg salad. A slab of cheddar carved with a small paring knife into a jack-o-lantern face adds the Halloween charm. Note: if you use a slice of processed cheese, you could do the carving MUCH more easily. But we don't eat prepackaged cheese slices around here. Only the real, extra sharp deal! So he's a little messy, and cracked on the edge, but that just adds to his character. There is a cup of corn off the cob, another of homemade pickled cabbage, a sprig of steamed broccoli, a couple of strawberries (it's not strawberry season anymore, and I really need to stop buying these), and a bunch of lil' grapes.

By the way.... I have a cool surprise coming up soon, and there may be something in it for YOU! Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh he's cute! And what suspense!!!! I can't wait to see what you've got in store :)

    We only eat real cheese in our house too, lol. I can't stand the processed stuff. Tastes like chemicals. Yuck. Those strawberries are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. And there's so much AWESOME cheese around! I recently discovered I love sheep milk cheese. SO good.
      Thanks Heather :D

      Delete