Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Anpanman Portobello Pizza Bento

Anpanman Pizza Bento by sherimiya ♥
Anpanman Pizza Bento, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
We made portobello pizzas again (see my method here), and I've found that it's best to scrape out as much of the gills as you can, use a minimum amount of cheese (just enough to "glue" the toppings on but not enough to get all gooey), and leave the vegetables just a bit tender (not super grilled). Of course, these pizzas are best straight out of the oven, but the kids beg to take them to school. Whenever I see a round food now, I think of Anpanman. And I had just the round things to make his nose and cheeks (pepperoni minis). I used ham to make his eyes, eyebrows and mouth (and nori for his eyeballs). If I had waited and put the pepperonis on after (or cut smaller circles) they might have looked rounder. And you might have recognized him. But whatever! I rarely use this flip-top box, but it fits the food just too well today. Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing, never mind the resemblance to Anpanman! I can't believe your kids eat all these veggies! Incredible..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks Chantale :) Hey; they'll eat almost anything -- if it's on a pizza.

      Delete