Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sweet Pepper Egg Bento


Sweet Pepper Egg Bento, originally uploaded by sherimiya ♥.
I was running dry on ideas for bento by the end of the week. Looking back, they all looked similar to me: same style, veggies and fruits.. blah blah... but then I was making egg-in-the-hole for TinySprite and me for lunch today, and we had extra egg so I asked her if she wanted a pepper egg flower. She said sure! I made one for MisterMan too. The yellow capsicum I had just happened to be shaped like a mushroom, so I went with it. After I poured the egg into the ring I placed some red capsicum circles into the just-setting surface to make a spotted mushroom. Aww! Underneath is a black riceball, sliced teriyaki chicken, peapods and carrot. There's also steamed broccoli, a strawberry, some blueberries and sliced blood oranges.
TinySprite got a flower with a heart center, and some broccoli sprig accents. Plus, the same chicken and fruits. She's been having an eating strike lately, so I packed less than usual. Here's a close-up of the little pepper:

19 comments:

  1. Super cute idea for the eggs! Looks delicious too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea, Sheri! Now we can have endless ideas to make sweet pepper egg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is original! And I so love the heart for TS. Aw... ping! *melt*. But you gotta know, that mushroom is my fave! I gotta thing for shrooms.. Obviously. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that idea for sweet pepper egg - I'll be adding it to my lunch soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jenn, Bobo, Kat, Chantale and Yenny!!
    So sweet, all of you <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Marfio! It's easy and a fun touch. Choose the most interesting shaped pepper you can find :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just like "lemonade out of lemons" you made mushrooms and flowers out of peppers. What. Never mind...they're cute. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. =) Mushroooom!! ♥ I love it. And the egg idea ... and TS´s flower. :)
    But you see... I prefer shrooms. ;)
    So darling bentos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to "teach" my dougther to eat red or yellow pepper.She loves eggs. Thank you!Greetings from Poland.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so creative! Love the sweet pepper and egg mushroom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the sweet pepper-egg idea...Would be a good reference for my next bento :). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "In smiles" from these bright, inventive and utterly cheerful bentos, Sheri! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karaimame,
    Yes, I know you love 'shrooms... we'll give it to you :)
    Thank you very much, {Poland} !
    Thanks Heather, Susan, Cooking Gallery and Jenn!
    So sweet, all of you. Really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete