Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Lights and Rudolph Bento

Here is MisterMan's last school bento of the year! So I decided to throw in the rest of the holiday cheer.

I made 5 spice chicken, baked a la hapabento's recipe. Of course, I changed it a little, but still it came out okay! It's pretty tasty, and the kids seemed to like it. I used skinless thighs, since that's all I had, and browned and baked it after marinating in shoyu and 5 spice. Quick and easy! Giant lights, actually made of mini sweet peppers and a cucumber, lay atop a bed of furikake rice. Tofu cube Rudolph with cucumber, red pepper and nori detail. There's a rogue broccoli, and fruits include overripe plum and raspberries.

12 comments:

  1. This is soooooooooooooooo cute!!!! *yummy*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour of your bento...

    ReplyDelete
  3. the xmas lights was a cute idea, yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bianka!
    Mushima, the peppers add a nice color, thanks!
    javapot, the colorful peppers bring to mind Christmas lights I think... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome as always :) Love Rudolph

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Angi.. yeah Rudolph is a fun one to make this time of year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, Christmas lights! What a nice idea ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great bento Sheri! The idea is so cool ... and the more I see this bento, somehow I feel like it's floating in the water. Cool effect yeay :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea with the pepper! And rudolph is so adorable! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. cool as always. the background cloth is hypnotic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I giggle everytime I see this bento! The lights are a modern touch for cute holiday lunch! The smirk/smile on Rudolph grabs my heart!

    Hope you are enjoying your visit home with family and friends! Happy Holidays to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lil'chan, thanks! Lights are an easy one to make :)
    Lia, I agree, I like the watery effect too. Thanks dear!
    Bento Lunch Blog, Thanks very much!
    mook, hypnotic...that's exactly right. Can't use this cloth too often or I'll get dizzy :)
    hi hapa bento! Thanks for your nice comment. We are having a great time. I wish the same for your and your family during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete