Friday, November 27, 2009

Omelet Wrap Bento


Omelet Wrap Bento, originally uploaded by sherimiya ♥.
Mushroom onion spinach omelet in whole wheat tortilla wrap with spring greens and avocado. Other veggies include: cucumber, sweet potato, purple and gold cauliflower, tomatoes, peapods, romanesco and satsumaimo. Fruits include tiny strawberries, blackberry, satsuma mandarin, and black grapes.
I was so happy the wrap fit so perfectly in this box, yay! Too bad the skewers had to come out, but the lid pressed down on the wraps very securely so they wouldn't unwrap before lunchtime :)

I always forget how useful and versatile eggs are. Besides hard-boiling and shaping into cute molds, or spreading as egg salad, they can be cooked into a healthy and filling omelet by adding your choice of veggies and / or meat. Here, I should have added tomatoes or red peppers for a nice color. Adding a tortilla and turning it into a wrap makes the omelet neat and easy to eat for little ones. I personally really like the wrap idea, as it can be used with lots of different fillings; cream cheese, smoked salmon, leftover chicken or other meats, cold cuts, even PB&J or other traditional sandwich spreads. The only limit is your imagination!

9 comments:

  1. Yum, everything looks delicious! All of the vibrant colors and textures make the bento so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter says your bento is very colorful, looks pretty like a rainbow. I feel the same way too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks yummy!
    I like the Omelette in Wrap idea. Sounds good. Maybe I should try it also. To make some wraps ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. u are quite right about eggs being so versatile. your wrap is just so neat. btw i must say that you juz make healthy food look really enticing and yummy - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, Lia, Lil'chan and javapot,
    Thank you very much gals!
    Wraps are grrreat! I am thinking now of a turkey wrap; perhaps you are too.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there, I was thinking this morning of heating up mashed potatoes and stuffing and wrapping them in a cylindrical omelet. A ying yang presentation at cross section maybe. Didn't happen though. ;-|

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy! An awesome idea all the same: mash + stuffing to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always love your bento Sheri. And you know what, whether you didn't put your watermark "sherimiya" on your bento photo, I'll always able to recognize that it must be "sheri's bento" :D. Your bento is always colorful, fresh, and healthy accompanied by fruits and veggies :D. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi tatabonita... you are sooo sweet and I thank you dearly! I suppose I do have a certain *style* by now... and you are attentive and caring to take note of it :)

    ReplyDelete