Friday, November 20, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Blog Award



I received this award from Lia of Bentolicious. Thank you Lia! She has a wonderful blog showing the adorable bento she makes for her kids and teaching us tips on how to use her ideas. I love it!
This award came with requirement to state 7 things about myself and after that I will have to nominate 7 others bloggers.

7 Things about myself:
1) I am a diehard swimmer. I like to swim every day, rain or shine; I alternate my favorite strokes: freestyle, breaststroke and backstroke. It's where I can relax and think about the day's bento.

2) My favorite comfort food is ramen, esp. miso ramen with kim chee. Or, sansai soba.

3) I get altitude sickness at relatively low elevation (around 7000ft). Once when I visited my brother at the telescopes atop Mauna Kea (14,000ft), I had to use their oxygen tank. (Embarrassing!)

4) I don't have a fear of heights, though, and I love roller coasters and gravity drops. One really good one is GhostRider, a wooden coaster at Knott's Berry Farm, if you get a chance. I love coasters on boardwalks (esp. Santa Cruz and Jersey shore) too, for the view and the nostalgia.

5) I love animals. Before having kids, I used to foster baby orphaned puppies in my home, playing with them and house-training them until they finished their vaccinations and could be adopted by other families. It was very hard to give them back after all this bonding. The dog I currently have was one of these pups.

6) I was born and raised in a small town on Oahu, Hawaii, went boogie boarding as a kid in my backyard, and kept a saltwater aquarium the simple way -- using a bucket to fill with water and catching the fish/crabs/eels by hand. I can still bait a snail on a hook to catch a blenny.

7) I have been personally targeted by birds 3 times in my life, which I've heard is supposed to be lucky, though it didn't feel like it.

This was fun! Now for the others...

7 other bloggers:
1) Jenn of Bento for Kidlet
2) natakiya of Bento Anarchy
4) Angi of Bento Junkie
5) Michelle of Foodie Footsteps
6) Karina of Bunches and Bits
7) Eilismaura of Honey, She is Twisted!

Looking forward to learning 7 interesting things about all of you ;)

10 comments:

  1. I adore roller coasters too. There are other items in your 7 things that we have in common too. Coinkydinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I'm not surprised Debra, we share lots of similar bento tastes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love kimchi ramen too ... but I can't swim at all. I had the trauma, drawn in the river when I was a kid, so it's kind hard for me to get into the water :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you've got an award on my non bento blog, please stop by to collect it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tks for passing the award. Swim everyday huh - now wonder u are so fit!! Aw, u have such a great heart for animals, the world needs more people like u!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lia, yeah, ramen has all the best of everything in a hearty bowl.. so satisfying :) I'm sorry about your past trauma, I have another friend the same as you. I wish you were closer - I could show you how much fun it could be ^_^!

    Angi, ha, thanks - you're funny, and it was cool to read your 7 things, I loved it!

    arkonite_babe, Thank you! I was honored to receive this award from you!

    javapot, You are so sweet, thank you so much for always stopping by here and leaving your wonderful comments dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for choosing me as one of the other bloggers - so happy!! I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to reply and put my post up, but it's finally done. :)

    ReplyDelete