Monday, May 14, 2012

Panda Curry Bento Bowl

Panda Curry Bento Bowl by sherimiya ♥
Panda Curry Bento Bowl, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
Curry bowl bento, one of TinySprite's favorites. After this one she asked, can I always have my bento in this panda bowl forever? Um, yes! The recipe I usually use, from Just One Cookbook called Keema Curry, calls for Japanese curry blocks. But since there's wheat in those, I made my own roux to thicken it up with rice flour. Along with ground turkey, there are a lot of colorful diced veggies in this one (red capsicum, carrot, celery, potato, onion). I served it over mixed grain rice in the panda donburi bento box. The top tier holds fresh fruit of summer: blackberries, strawberries and baby yellow nectarines. My farmers market has just started offering various stone fruit such as cherries, peaches, nectarines and apricots. And they are sweet already! They come all the way from the central valley and Sacramento areas, where the temps are much higher much earlier in the season than in the Bay Area. So very happy about that :D

4 comments:

  1. Can I have bento in this panda bowl too..??
    LOL
    Just love the sweet presentation, Sheri :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up about the fruit. On Thursday I went to the farmer's market here in Monterey and wow the fruit was so good.
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you scored some early summer fruit too! Looks like it's going to be a good season :D

      Delete