Monday, August 8, 2011

Sausage Zucchini Skewers Bento

My kids got matching bentos, consisting of chicken and spinach nitrite-free sausage and zucchini skewers. I love the way they fit in the long section of my LunchBot Trio. Veggies went in another section: car-shaped Okinawan sweet potato, corn on the cob, broccoli, and orange and purple carrots. Fruit went in the last section: luscious peaches, raspberries, blackberry, and baby sugar plum.
TinySprite's bento had the same ingredients, in a more petite version. Ta-daaa!

8 comments:

  1. so colorful, love the sweet potato cut-outs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of those skewers. I am going to have to try that idea myself soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and pretty! I am always jealous when I see purple potato, I have never been able to find such a thing locally :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it's so pretty! And I love those fish skewers! With that wavy background.. just makes me think of vacation at the beach again. I love how all the colours pop in your bento, they are just so fresh and delicious looking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kat, Yenny, Jenn, Jenn, and Chantale! Skewers are so easy, I should really do them more often. You can put just about almost anything on a skewer and it will meet with kid approval :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great way to eat zucchini... I mean have my kids eat zucchini. =) Looks more fun to eat veggies this way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nami,
    Yeah, it's more fun to eat just about everything on a stick, right?! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete