Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wonton Tulips Panda Bento

Another TinySprite bento today: homemade pork scallion wontons (see my method here) scattered with Okinawan purple sweet potato tulips and peapod leaves on the bottom tier, with the most delicious summer hybrid fruit ever in the top: dark red pluots and deep orange apriums. They're both apricot-plum variants, but very different in appearance and flavor. I'm not a huge apricot fan, but these are fantastic. I'm looking forward to more as the summer goes on! Yippee! Happy panda bento! ^_^

7 comments:

  1. I thought this is "tarepanda" but it's a little different. :-) Your tulips are sooo cute! It looks like spring and all we need is real sunshine here... It's been raining and cold... East Bay too, right? I can't wait for the warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummy!! And home-made! This is such a pretty bento Sheri. I love those tulips and I can only imagine how incredibly tasty the wontons are. Doesn't even need sauce.. mmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, it's so pretty flower. i want it ones, sheri hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nami, I love tarepanda too :) I am waiting and waiting for the warm sunshine but it's all in vain! Soon I hope... Thank you!

    Thanks Chantale; my kids can eat it cold, without sauce. Great for on-the-go.

    Thank you Oen Priyanto!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your bentos, but this one is especially colorful and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gorgoues. The wontons look divine, and I love the flowers. I just saw a purple sweet potato in my area for the first time recently. So cool!

    I found your site through your comment on Hapa Bento. Lovely site. Adding to my Google Reader now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks a lot Lili!

    Jenn, Thanks; I hope you can try the purple sweet potato for yourself. It has a different taste and texture from the orange ones and my kids actually prefer it. Love Hapa Bento. Thanks for the add!

    ReplyDelete