Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mini Egg and Ham Muffin Bento

This is my next installment of the mini bento series. Yes, it's another breakfast mini. I've already done a mini pancake stack, which I think was close to my first one. I've also made a mini sandwich, mini sushi, mini pizza, mini market haul, and mini snowman, among others. I got the idea for this one while I was making these whole wheat english muffins a few days ago. I decided to make a couple of mini ones so I could make a mini egg mcmuffin.
So here it is! On the flower shaped cream cheese sandwich I've plated: ham and "egg" (mozzarella cheese topped with real egg yolk dotted with fresh ground pepper) on english muffin, real bacon strips, a cup of "orange juice" (carrot with spaghetti straw), cup of "coffee" (brownie), and my cute little nori utensils. I would have liked the muffin to be even smaller. Next time! I've squeezed in some steamed broccoli and peapods, a sliced strawberry and some grapes for scale. Still have lots more mini ideas to go...

15 comments:

  1. oh so Kawaii, love all your mini bento series..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too too cute - how long did it take you to make the nori utensils?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay indeed! Seeing this was a burst of sheer delight...awesomely witty details Love the itty bitty homemade english muffin that inspired this adorable composition. Happy weekend Sheri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mini egg and ham look so adorable! I love the spoon, fork and knife from nori too :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW~ so adorable. You are super talented, sheri. I love the little english muffin, and the egg is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am such a big fan of your mini creations! this is a great one, the clever glass of orange juice is a close second to my absolute fave, the actual muffin - can't believe you baked that tiny awesome thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out so cute, a lot different than I expected. I just adore it! I was inspired when first saw you mini muffins on twitter. I made some tiny arepas and used it in my bento, maybe I'll post it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when you create your adorable minis! Thanks for the smile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, SO CUTE!! It would take me ages to do this. How do you keep all those little details to stay put? The biggest reason I don't get so creative with mine is I'm afraid everything will fall off when my lunch bag gets jostled.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry bout the late comment...
    I love your minis! I am a big fan of yours ^^. The muffin is perfect! Eatable rement that´s it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Bobo, Marfio, Bentobird, Cooking Gallery, Sonoma Bento, Megan, Lindsey, Debra, littlelotusblossom and karaimame!

    The nori utensils are made from a craft punch.

    These miniature bento are just for fun; I don't really pack them up as a meal to go. Usually my little girl will eat them right after I make them :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I had your attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks but, I'm no expert. I've seen some amazingly detailed miniature work -- totally inspiring! I keep trying though... :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. this mini bento is great. i love the color. :)

    ReplyDelete