Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Goldfish Handmade Vegetable Cutter


This is what my goldfish cutter looks like. Similar to the double flower one, it is mounted on a "handle" for easier manipulation, and also to provide stability to the design while pressing.

This one has lots more detail, including rounded eyes and a cool fantail. The eye circles are soldered to the handle to stay in place. These pictures all show the bottom of the cutter; the part which actually cuts the vegetable. The metal is very thin and gives a nice sharp edge. The eyes are so tiny, though, that the carrot gets stuck...and must be removed with a straight pin :)

10 comments:

  1. hi sherimiya! this cutter RULES!! are the cutters by this maker only available at festivals, or do they have a website or something you could share with us? thanks in advance :-)
    gamene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are seriously cool cutters that you found!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog!
    Your blog has been awarded! There is an award waiting for you on my blog http://foodiefootsteps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks megan and Pigs Do Fly -- you're right; they are seriously awesome! Actually I know some are available in a dusty Chinatown shop, and I tried to get some info from the shopkeeper but unfortunately there was some language barrier issues! Maybe I could ask to see the box or something....

    Thanks for the Over The Top award Michelle! I will work on that right away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!!!!!!! LOVE this cutter -- the other was nice but this is soo beyond fabulous!!!!

    I am lusting for it -- coveting it in my heart and mind -- my purse however -- hmmmmmmm just as happy not to find where to buy info!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi eilismaura! I know, right?!
    But, although I can't provide ordering info, I would be happy to try to buy for any of you! (Not cheap though)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love these cutters and when I find them in the shops, find them irresistable. I have a lovely dragon, a neptune and a recent find: a tulip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! Where do you find yours? I have a dragon too, and I have seen the tulip, with a stem and leaves, as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are amazing! i googled 'pancake bento' and stumbled upon your blog. it's definitely a good find! all your food is so lovely, cute and creative. thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so sweet mschoy!! I'm glad you find it worth a look. I love to share the bento love with friends all over the world :D

    ReplyDelete