Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pikachu Chili Bento

Pikachu Chili Bento by sherimiya ♥
Pikachu Chili Bento, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
Today the kids got vegetarian chili in their bento; chock full of whatever I could find in the fridge and pantry. The top tier has the usual colorful fruits and such, along with what's currently pickling in my fridge: carrots + daikon, red onions, and bittermelon + cauliflower. That last one is kind of a tough sell. I think I'm going to try adding something else to counter the bitterness; I have some ideas. And since I was in a creative mood, I decided to freehand a little cheddar Pikachu. I used my tiny paring knife and carved out his face and body, but don't look too close at his back leg. A little nori and carrot detail and voila! Hey, it wasn't that hard after all. ^_^

6 comments:

  1. Great Colors in this one! Stunning contrasts.
    -SnowyOwl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love pickled cauliflower! I showed this bento to my girls and they just loved the Pikachu!! Yay, you now can make more Pokemón bentos, no?
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, I probably could make more Pokemón bento, but I guess I probably won't for awhile. Though TS was a bit put out that she didn't get one, hmm.
      I want to see your effort for the girls! Heh.
      Thank you Lily :)

      Delete
  3. ooh....so lovely!! Great bento ^_^

    ReplyDelete