Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Balsamic Vinegar Sesame Chicken Lunchbots Bento

Chicken and rice, chicken and rice... la la la la laaaa... Is there any more that needs to be said? Well, all right; I'll say a little more. This is the balsamic vinegar sesame recipe I got from Maki at Just Bento, except I used a shoyu substitute and kept it sweeter and less vinegary. I made it before here. It gets divided treatment in this Lunchbots Trio, in a bed of lettuce by itself, next to a cup of furikake rice, homegrown cherry sunsugar tomatoes, and steamed Okinawan sweet potatoes. Peaches and berries round out this plain jane basic lunch bento. I've resolved to start with the Halloween bento next week. For sure I'll be able to get in at least a week of spooky scary creepy bento! Or at least a few cute jack-o-lantern ones. Those are my favorite!

8 comments:

  1. I was sold at the word vinegar! I'm in, where's my bowl? Hahaa! Oh, and it's not plain Jane at all, it looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bento is always inspiring and appreciate even more after I started making my own. Next year I have to make TWO bento and I have to quickly learn to increase the amount of dinner (so more leftover) and to pack nicely like yours in a quick manner. I have been wanting to make this lunch box (I asked you question before, and thanks for your answer!), but my son cannot finish his lunch this size in 30 minute recess (he probably eats for 15 minutes and go play before bell rings... sigh!). I love colorful bento, and that's actually what I wrote in my Friday post... I think we know how important it is to use colors in general for cooking and even for bento. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that problem well. Sometimes my girl eats less than half, depending on who she's sitting next to. Even though they're not supposed to talk during lunch, I'm sure she spends too much time socializing rather than eating. I can only hope she learns to better use her lunchtime over the rest of the year.
      So glad to have you as my bentobuddy from now on!

      Delete
  3. Ahh, I just sent Nami and email that she should look at your wonderful posts on Bento and see that she's already found your site. Although I don't have small children I love stopping by here to see what fun treats you have packed for your children. Half the adults in this world don't eat as well and balanced as your children. Great posts - always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm that chicken recipe sounds good! and such cute little homegrown tomatoes. Ah!

    ReplyDelete