Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sandwich Rollups Bento

Sandwich Rollups Bento by sherimiya ♥
Sandwich Rollups Bento, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
Here's another bento from pre-vacation break; a super easy no-cook one. I made turkey colby cheese rollups, which is just a more fun way to pack a turkey colby cheese sandwich. First I flattened the bread with a rolling pin. You can cut off the crusts to make this neater (I didn't do this, as you can see - they might have rolled together more tightly if I had). Layer cheese, turkey, and fresh greens. You can add mustard or pickles if you like. Then roll tightly. I think I melted the cheese onto the bread first, before adding the rest of the ingredients. I rolled it in a makisu (a bamboo mat used to roll makizushi), then sliced into a thickness that would fit neatly in my stainless steel EcoLunchBox bento box. The rest of the box contains cherries and carrots, and the separate (lidded) container holds Greek yogurt topped with berries and a walnut. Can you see the face? ^_^

Added to What's For Lunch!

11 comments:

  1. Yes ... yes! *excited* I can see the face in the round container. Did MM find that out too? Or he just gobble up everything? hehehe ... Lovely sandwich rollups and the greens look so crunchy (^.^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I" want to have this bento!! Looks yummy! Hehee I see the face - so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Thanks Lia. When I asked him he said: Of course I saw the face! Okay then :)

    Thanks Nami!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the face and the walnut nose! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah..yeah..I can spot the face hehe :)
    nice roll ups bento

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw the face! I love how the greens look in the middle of the roll-ups. Looks like the perfect summer lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the vibrant colour of this bento so much! And the face definitely make the bento so much more fun to eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love this arrangement--vibrant, sweet, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Susan, Yenny, Heather, KidsDreamWork and Bentobord!

    ReplyDelete