Monday, August 29, 2011

Salmon and Potatoes Bento

It's teriyaki salmon again, this time with roasted baby potatoes tossed in olive oil and garlic powder. I packed the rainbow in the LunchBot: white lychee, red dinsaur pluot, orange carrots, yellow carrot (with nori dog face), purple carrots, and purple Okinawan sweet potato (cut into bunny shapes which you can't ascertain). I'm still stretching out the summer fruit, since they are still available in my farmer's market. Think I can make it last through September?

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by my blog Sheri! Love your pretty bentos too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. N I'm now officially following you from the Netherlands! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, it will last! It's too pretty to go away, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my ideal bento--balanced, joyful and a riot of fresh colors. So inspiring, Sheri! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious and love all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the vibrant colour of this bento!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, I cannot believe your kids eat fish. I'm stunned. Awed. Incredibly jealous. lol! I think you gave this yummy bento lunch to your kid by mistake cuz I am pretty darn sure it was destined for me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot Bento Cat, Heather, Jenn, Mommyof2girlz, Cooking Gallery and Chantale!
    Chantale, it's smothered in teriyaki sauce! I'm sure K would approve -- do try it! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sheri, I *have* tried smothering it in teriyaki and soy sauce.. Little miss is still not convinced to eat it! She just isn't into seafood..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear...but fish and chips are okay, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a colorful bento. If we include the color of container (cups), there are more than 10 colors here. It shows how healthy lunch you make everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet Nami. It's easy to maximize color when we have so much fresh produce to choose from. That's why I love summer! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete