Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pikachu and Pokeball Bento

This is a no-cook bento using (by request) the last of the pizza we got from Tony's. I supplemented with two hard-boiled eggs: one chicken egg dyed in golden beet juice and decorated as Pikachu with nori details, and one quail egg placed inside a matching sized halved cherry tomato and decorated as a pokeball with nori details. I cut all the nori by hand, which was definitely the most time-consuming part of making this bento. I packed everything together with the usual sides: steamed broccoli and Okinawan sweet potato, carrots, grapes and a big juicy strawberry. Pika!

10 comments:

  1. Oh, Sheri this is so cute and easy...I can´t wait for making bento for my own kids some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's so cute Pikachu... i never wonder that Quail Egg can made to be Pikachu ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should Amaaris! It's fun!
    Thanks a lot Oen Priyanto -- you can probably make anything you want from a quail egg. I love this food :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...you cut the nori by hand?
    amazing...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cuties in a box!!!! I love this post and your whole blog. Will surely be back for more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pikachu!!! Oh my goodness - Pikachu's eyes are just like from the cartoon. You made a great expression out of nori!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Xelia!
    Yenny, it's not that hard... but just more tedious than I usually am used to :) Thanks :)
    Elizabeth, you're so sweet. Thank you!
    Nami, if I were more ambitious I would make his cheeks and tongue! But it's okay, I think he's recognizable enough with his closed mouth. Hehe :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my son would just love this bento!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should make one for him! Thanks Laura :)

    ReplyDelete