Thursday, August 11, 2011

Furikake Snapper Hello Kitty Quail Egg Bento

Furikake Snapper Hello Kitty Quail Egg Bento by sherimiya ♥
Another TinySprite bento. Actually, MisterMan's lunch was provided during this last week of Summer Adventures, so I've been making only the little girl's bento. She doesn't eat nearly as much, so I feel like I can make hers in no time at all! For example, in this bento I gave her a few pieces of pan-fried snapper sprinkled with furikake, then a section of steamed corn on the cob, a few carved carrots, a little piece of steamed broccoli and Okinawan sweet potato heart shapes, some grapes and a sliced strawberry. I had one more spot left, just big enough for a quail egg. And you know what my favorite quail egg character is! I didn't even bother to shape the egg into an oval. Once I add the nori eyes, corn ears and nose, somen whiskers and trademark red ribbon, she becomes instantly recognizable. I can make this Hello Kitty in just a few minutes now. I keep a little container of punched oval and circle shaped nori bits, so I don't even need to dig out the craft punchers. She really is the easiest charaben ever!

10 comments:

  1. Cutie Hello Kitty quail egg for TS, yeay! I need to borrow the idea to sprinkle my pan fried fish with furikake. I know my kids will love it. Thanks for always sharing your colorful and yummy bento Sheri (^.^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lia! Thanks very much. When in doubt, furikake will make it more acceptable to the kids. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks beautiful as ever. I would love to have the recipe for that yummie fish (my 2-year old likes fish and herbs)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kitty egg is so cute! This lunch looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot My Italian Smorgasbord. All I did was panfry the fish in butter (or olive oil) with salt and pepper, and lemon if you prefer. This fish cooks fast. After it's done cooking, sprinkle with furikake on both sides. It will stick to the oily fish easily, and add flavor. Hope this helps :)

    Thanks Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very creative with quail egg! My daughter will definitely loves looking at it (and hope to eat it...)! Lots of colors in your bento box and how cheerful it is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Nami! I'm sure your daughter will love it in her bento too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. always love your bentos, tweeted to let dietitians see them, there was a Texas dietitian I linked to chow and chatter on facebook mentioning them I tweeted her your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so tasty and healthy. Love it. And all the colors are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Rebecca for the intro and the shoutout on twitter. I really appreciate the way you promote blogs like mine, and I've discovered many gorgeous blogs through you myself! <3

    Thanks a lot Countess! :D

    ReplyDelete