Wednesday, November 3, 2010

San Francisco Giants Bento


San Francisco Giants Bento, originally uploaded by sherimiya ♥.
Today in downtown San Francisco there was a big parade in celebration of the San Francisco Giants winning the 2010 World Series. I didn't really follow the team, but it was hard not to get caught up in the excitement. And since they hadn't won the World Series in over 50 years, it was a really big deal. So here is my SF Giants commemorative bento. It contains spinach ravioli, one of which is meant to suggest a baseball glove, and is holding a spherical "baseball" made of a hand-molded quail egg and purple carrot strips. I also made a cap from a halved hen's egg and cheddar cheese, covered in nori. The rest of the bento contains steamed broccoli, purple cauliflower, carrots, tomato, grapes and sliced persimmon. The orange flag picks are a gift from a bento pal and fellow SF Giants fan. I don't know if they were meant to be Giants pennants, but they did come in handy today!

15 comments:

  1. I love your mini baseball and cap! Really enjoy this cute and colorful bento. Brighten my morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though you're a recent SF fan it's still thrilling to celebrate! Cool bento.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mini baseball and cap!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spinach ravioli.... yum!
    Such cute little baseball hat too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious ravioli.. so cute cap and baseball, well done! oh wow, congrats to SF Giants fans! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious bento, love everything..the ravioli, the cap, the baseball, the fruits and of couse the flag food picks. Yummy..yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh man, i still have all of your fabulous halloween bento to catch up on, and i like to comment in order, but you know i just had to make an exception for this one! WOO HOO, GO GIANTS!

    love your perfectly-round baseball (and the purple carrot is a nice alternative to nori) and your clever engineering of the SF cap.

    this bento makes me excited about the series victory all over again! yay!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so much fun to see all your delightful bento! I'm giving you the Versatile Blogger Award. If you like to accept it, hop on over to my blog to read more details. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Right ON! I am giggling at your baseball cap, since I tried to make cheese letters too, but opted for the intricate and nearly impossible Giants logo. Yeah, that didn't work. :) great job, love the suggested glove shapes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A perfect bento for the awesome occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah! SO FUN! Congrats SF'rs.. great win! This is like, your Stanley Cup right? I was wondering what all the hoopla was about.. lol.
    That baseball cap is sooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was soo excited! Giants fan all the way. So sad though; here in Boston there was hardly any media or newspaper coverage of the world series. I guess that if it doesn't involve the Red Sox, no one here cares..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Debra, Sysyl, Angeleyes, karaimame, Emily!
    megan, I thought of you at the moment of victory. A thrill for a lifetime! So cool we could experience it!
    define1lady: So honored to receive this award from you. Thank you for thinking of me!
    Sonoma Bento, Those letters are hard! Even the basic way I did it was WAY hard for me. Logos? forget it. Haha! but I hope the spirit come through!
    Thanks Mommyof2girlz!
    Chantale, HAH! Yes, World Series = Stanley Cup for your Canadians... Thanks!
    Thanks Rachel! That is sad, but I heard the same about New York. If the Yankees aren't in it, it's not worth watching I guess!

    ReplyDelete