Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Melody Bento


My Melody Bento, originally uploaded by sherimiya ♥.
Well, it turns out that MisterMan's Summer Adventures program received a grant this year, thus enabling them to provide breakfast, lunch and snacks for the kids all the rest of the summer! In this age of budget cutbacks, it's kind of nice to see the kids get some benefit for a change. Of course, my boy is more than happy to enjoy eating with his pals at the pizza and fruit table. He even forgoes breakfast at home so he can have a bagel and banana over there. How funny. So where does that leave me? No bento in summer? *sob* Well, let's not forget about TinySprite! She's still home with me, and when she starts preschool I'll be providing lunch for her there too -- so no worries.

Today I made her a My Melody pork & veggie bao to go in her matching bento box. I've had this box awhile but don't usually use it since it's so deep. It's perfect for this bun though. To the steamed bao I added ears cut from nitrite-free ham, grape eyes, yellow pepper nose and nori mouth. I made a couple of carrot flowers for her ear as well. The other section is just right for grapes, strawberries and yellow tomatoes. The cover has two side latches and is decorated with My Melody's face; it also comes with a lid that holds a matching spoon. So cute. I haven't posted girly bento in awhile, have I? This might be a fun change for me too! ^_^

18 comments:

  1. Ooh... Melody is so cute! Love the ham ears, yummy too!
    =). cheers/Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. F is in here with me and loves it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think My Melody is my favorite Sanrio character! Super cute bento.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so cute, love it! Glad that you are not stopping making bento for the summer! Your bento are always inspirations to me. :)

    I wish I could make girly bento too but I have 2 boys! Maybe I can make one and gave it to my younger one whom I guess still doesn't know to differentiate for boys or girls yeah. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Shannon, SIG, Debra, and KidsDreamWork!
    Yes, so happy I can use my girl as an excuse to make the cute characters. I gave HK to my boy before he knew to differentiate too, hehe! Go for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. B won't do Hello Kitty, but he's ok with Keroppi or Badtz Maru.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! It is a very good idea to use the bun this way: it makes a perfect My Melody!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!!! I love My Melody! I bought the cutters and everything but still no chance in using coz my baby can't eat yet! Heheheh... can't wait till she grows up so I can pack her bentos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy to see your summer bentos including this one. Cuteness overload hahaha ... My Melody is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is the cutest! K would love this! Better not show her.. lol. Tiny Sprite's so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. eeks, melody is great with her adorable floppy ears, LOVE it! tiny flowers are cute too, and you found the perfect matching round yellow tomatoes for the cherry stem pick :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shut The Front Door!! That is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So flippin cute! I love the flop ear of ham, so creative. Great job, Sheri!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very sweet and girly and lovely, floppy ears are just too cute! Love the tiny orange flower detail, so precious Sheri :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Shannon! I haven't given HK to my boy either. I kinda wonder what he would think, actually ?)

    Thanks Pipaw! I'm liking the white steamed bao. Hoping my girl will like it as much as the brown one :)

    Thanks Angeleyes; you can make them for yourself til then :)

    Thanks Lia! Feeling like cute this summer; don't know why ... :D

    Thanks Chantale -- you can make this one for K! Easy!

    Thanks megan! Ham wouldn't fit so I'm glad the ears could flop over.

    Mommyof2girlz: :D :D Thanks!

    Sonoma Bento: thanks so much!

    bentobird: You are the sweet one; thanks Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for adding this to the link up too! I love My Melody. :o)

    ReplyDelete