Monday, October 26, 2009

A Bunch of Halloween Bento!


I have embarked on a mission to include a carved jack-o-lantern of some kind in each of my son's bento until Halloween! I know what you're thinking: huh? why?
Hmm. I don't know.

Because it's fun? For this one I made a cucumber witch too, with rotini pasta hair. The jack is made from an orange cherry tomato. There's also a skewer of multicolored carrots, and some watermelon radish.

Here I made chicken, and the jack is a tiny carrot disc. The fruit side has yellow plum and tiny sugar plum, with sweet kiwi and carrot/sweet potato detail.

This one had banh mi (Vietnamese sandwiches), and the side box has romanesco, fruits, and a plum carved jack-o-lantern!

And finally, a ravioli bento with sweet potato jack. Did it feel like Jack overload? Putting them all in a single post kind of makes me look obsessed...but really I'm just very festive. Really! Wait til you see the post of the bento from this coming week. Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

  1. U must be an expert in carving 'pumpkins' now :) think i like the 3rd one from the top - with the toothy grin *got my kind of character* ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look all the Halloween bento there ... Your son must be very proud to have such a talented and loving mom. Love all your bento Sheri, they all are excellent (^.^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, now I know what kind of a character you are javapot... no wonder I like you ;)
    Not an expert; only very persistent...!

    Thank you so much Lia, but your boy is the lucky one...if I can get some ideas from you I am happy ^_^!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this post is from last year, but it's still AMAZING! I'm in AWE of the variety of veggies -- there are some that I have NEVER seen in my grocery store.

    I'm new to the bento craze, but here are some of the bentos I've made over the past couple of weeks (nothing adorable like what you have going on!): Tot Food

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Rachel!
    I forgot about this bunch of Halloween bento; thanks for reminding me. I should do another plum jack!

    ReplyDelete