Friday, February 7, 2020

Breakfast (Buddha) Bowl


I've always wanted to make a Buddha Bowl. You've seen the pictures: beautifully photogenic bowls of exotic ingredients painstakingly prepared with complicated dressings and perfectly scattered nibbles on top. Here's how Wiki defines Buddha Bowl:

A Buddha bowl is a vegetarian meal, served on a single bowl or high-rimmed plate, which consists of small portions of several foods, served cold. These may include whole grains such as quinoa or brown rice, plant proteins such as chickpeas or tofu, and vegetables.

Huh. Turns out I've been making Buddha Bowls for years. In fact, since my kids were little, they've always eaten their meals in bowls. And a good number of those have been vegetarian. Maybe because they watch me? I almost always eat my meals in bowls. Or maybe because it's quicker for them to pile the food in a deep vessel for efficiency.

Anyway, I digress. I'm happy to post my first Buddha Bowl here. It was delish. 😊

In bowl: I mixed beet juice with plain Greek yogurt. It sounds weird but it's tasty! Try it. I also sometimes toss in sunflower seeds, other types of nuts, even nut butters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment