Monday, July 18, 2011

Deconstructed Salmon Sandwich Bento

This bento is a do-it-yourself sandwich, featuring butteryaki salmon (see my method here), some wild greens, a few slices of buckwheat bread and provolone cheese. The components all fit nicely inside the separated section of this dual lunch box by Sistema. I wrapped the bread inside wax paper to keep it separate from the rest of the ingredients, and decorated with a triplet of provolone bunnies and a mushroom-cut radish. The other section is divided, and allowed me to fit quite a bit of extras: corn on the cob, broccoli, carrots, Okinawan sweet potato flowers and tomatoes on one side; and lychees, strawberries, superdark plums and blackberries on the other. The plums were so juicy I had to drain them off before packing them in! MisterMan loves these deconstructed bentos, and he gets a lot of attention during lunchtime while he assembles his lunch. A bright cheery summertime bento for my boy ^_^

10 comments:

  1. The salmon looks great! Colorful fruits & veggies too. And I actually love that you wrapped the sandwich with the wax paper so it's kind of 'protect' it from other ingredients in the same box, clever! (^.^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! I need to try this method.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I'll be trying this one! VERY cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't eat salmon but this is so cute! I love to assemble my lunch too. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kids eat fish?! You are one awesome mom.. You are also incredibly awesome for making even fish look so yummy and cute! hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these beautiful colors! Really nice bento.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea separating the bread from other ingredients! Love those bunnies to max! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Lia!
    Debra, you should. It's fun to make your own sandwich :)
    Thanks Erin H.!
    Thanks AikoVenus! You're like my son :)
    Chantale: K eats fish - fish and chips, right? You should try butteryaki. It's nice and ... buttery . Heh. You're sweet. Thanks!
    Thanks Pipaw!
    ღ♡Ꮣуռ էяɨռɨא♡ღ -- thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely bento Sheri! The bunnies are too cute, they look mesmerized by the mushroom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Susan! Yeah, maybe they partook :)

    ReplyDelete