Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Shoyu Chicken Round Bento

Okay, time to start cooking again. Today I packed MisterMan some shoyu chicken, along with roasted halved Brussels sprouts and kabocha pieces (I tossed those veggies in the shoyu sauce too). I'm pretty pleased with how I managed to get all the cut segments of exactly one half of a cara cara orange to fit perfectly into one section, and topped them with halved grapes to echo the spots on the radish "shroom" in the center. There was also just enough room to squeeze in a luscious red strawberry to round out this bento. This round box makes bento-packing almost effortless, which is why I love it so much. Everything is so ordinary and quick to prepare, but it still manages to look bright and appealing with minimal arrangement. I think my boy will like this one!
Added to What's For Lunch!

10 comments:

  1. Rownd behto. U duz it rite! I can haz chikin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm curious as to why you don't send any carbs in your kid's lunches? no rice or noodles or anything?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha; thanks Debra, fellow chicken fan :o)

    bunny, I've packed rice, noodles, potatoes and bread plenty of times in my kids' lunches. Just not every day. See yesterday's post ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Radish 'shroom' always so cute! Delicious bento for MM, yum shoyu chicken :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Round bento is so cool! OH!!! Now I want two of them! ^_^
    Shoyu chicken and radishroom... Ok, now you have me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funnily enough, I want to try out the kabocha and brussel sprouts combination! Looks really good. And are those pencil chopsticks?? So cool...

    ReplyDelete
  7. can never go wrong with yummy shoyu chicken! and the little radish mushroom is a perfectly adorable touch - love how you echoed the "spots" in the fruit section!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so good! Thank you for doing all these! I went out and bought a bento box for my little one and he loves it!! No more half eaten lunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your round bento! It looks delish! We did "mushrooms" in our bento today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Lia, karaimame, Chantale, megan, Candace and ~LKB!
    Lia, I can count on the kids to eat up all the shoyu chicken very quick. It's a kid-pleaser for sure.
    Lily, let's all have some shrooms and have a party :)
    Yep, those are pencil chopsticks Chantale :)
    Megan, I could make shoyu chicken every day and they won't complain. It was my fave meal when I was a kid too.
    Candace, that's great, congrats!! Hope he enjoys it a lot!
    In mushroom sync LKB :)

    ReplyDelete