Thursday, December 16, 2010

Brownie-Dipped Oreo Reindeer Treats

I got the idea for this from Picky Palate, who posted a method for making these cool brownie-coated oreos. I'm not a big oreo fan, but when you bake them in brownies, they become cakey and soft. So good! And with the holiday fillings, they look oh-so-festive too. I basically used her method, which is adapted here.

Mix up your brownie batter. One batch will make a whole package of oreos. Dip in your oreo.




Make sure it's coated all over.




I used chopsticks to do this. Take it out of the batter and place in cupcake liner in muffin tin.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes. Take out of oven and immediately press in cinnamon candy for red nose, mini chocolate chips for eyes, and poke appropriately broken pretzel pieces at the top for antlers.

Make enough for the whole class! Fun, and yummy too!


18 comments:

  1. These are too cute! I, too, am not an Oreo fan, but I just might have to try these. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, definitely try it. I was surprised how much better it tastes as a pseudobrownie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I smiled when I saw that you used chopsticks because that's exactly how I would do it too.
    Cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That doesn't surprise me Debra! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so sinfully delicious! But we dont have red filled Oreos here . :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. That´s quite a treat! Hmmm... almost indecent :P.
    So neat idea to coat the oreos... too bad we don´t have red oreos for the "festive fun" :/. And the reindeers are so cute!
    Loved the use of chopsticks! I used to tell that chopsticks are an useful extension of my hands :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great and tasty idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! Ooh I love oreos. This is double chocolate madness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are just no words for the cuteness of your herd of brownie reindeer! What a neat idea and I love the way you decorated them. I would never in a million years have put oreos into brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these look cute and delish!

    Wishing Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so great and absolutely (I am sure) tasty!
    happy Christmas for you and family, Sheri :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Uuuh I really want to give a try at this one! Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My stepdaughter and I made these from your recipe and they turned out to be the favorite dessert at Christmas dinner! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks everyone!
    So glad you could try it. So much fun, I think I'll make them again at Valentines Day, heh!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome post. I linked up to this over on my blog, which you can check out at lizardraerambles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so cute! Loved using the chopsticks, great idea! Did you have any trouble getting the brownies out of the cupcake wrappers? Mine stuck horribly and I can't figure out what i did wrong :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. ezeldabeth,
    Mine didn't really stick that much. Maybe you could try baking it a bit shorter? I haven't tried pouring straight into a greased tin without wrappers but I suppose you could try that as well. I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete