Monday, October 11, 2010

Pink Ribbon Bento


Pink Ribbon Bento, originally uploaded by sherimiya ♥.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and here is my contribution to ProjectPink, which Bento Blog (@bentoblog on twitter) is hosting at http://bentoblog.fr.nf/. To find out more about this, search twitter for #ThinkPink and #ProjectPink, and see other pink ribbon bento. Tomorrow there will be a posting of all the pink bento that were submitted from all over the world, to draw attention to the disease and the need for research to develop a cure. Do check it out!

This one was made for my toddler girl. Under the black rice is shredded roast pork, which provides a nice backdrop for a pink ham ribbon. I added some carrot and cilantro flowers as well. The rest of the bento includes steamed broccoli, cheese stars, more carrots, peapods, strawberry, cherry tomatoes and the cutest little crabapple. She loved that little apple, and ate around the core in a very ladylike fashion. Hehe. Think PINK!

21 comments:

  1. Very pretty pink ribbon theme bento! Little crabapple is so mini, so cute. No wonder TS loves it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so clever to use the ham, it looks like a pretty marbled ribbon, very striking against the dark rice! so many colors in this one i think you're somehow teleporting produce from a few months ago ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dark background sets the pink ribbon off! Sweet little blossoms too. Love. It.

    Um...I think your crabapple is too big! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot Lina, Lia, megan and Debra. Over here we stretch out the summer produce as long as we can!!
    Believe me Debra, if they came smaller, I would be buying 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i always love your bento! they're so colorful and beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I <3 your pink ribbon bento!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic interpretation of thinkpink. I have one ready to go for tomorrow. I hope I can slip it in before the deadline. Good vibes and healing thoughts to all who are fighting breast cancer. We support you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah Sheri, so colorful bento! I get always so inspired when seeing the variety of fruits and veggies! ^_^
    The mini apple is so adorable!!
    And very nice pink ribbon ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful bento for "octobre rose"! So cute ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeously fresh and so feminine! Crabapple and strawberry vingette is too darling, a really lovely bento...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sheri, so pretty! I am always amazed at Little Sprite's ability to eat so well (but that started with you!). This is all the more sweeter for a great cause and for your little one. I can just see your girl eating that apple all daintily! So cute..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your pink bento. The pink ham ribon really show up well. The little crabapple is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks a lot Gnoe, SonomaBento, karaimame, julybentos, Bentobird, Chantale and Lyndsey!

    It's good that we all unite with cute pink bento for a very important awareness issue that affects everyone; not just women. Thank you for joining with me in emphasizing the need for research and a cure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pink bento! :) I love the contrast in color that the rice gives.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really liking the black rice in bento these days!
    Thanks Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your bento designed! So cute!

    ReplyDelete