Thursday, September 15, 2011

Totoro and Bear Calzone Bento

Totoro Calzone Bento by sherimiya ♥
Totoro Calzone Bento, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
Today the kids get calzones again! I used roasted red peppers, caramelized onions, lots of cheese, and baby arugula in the meatless ones, and salami and pepperoni in the meatlover ones. Love them. MisterMan got Totoro, with radish and nori eyes and nose, and soba whiskers, and TinySprite got a brown bear.
The rest of the bentos contain broccoli, peapods, carrots, corn, plum, strawberries, blackberries and grapes. Love this pizza and calzone week. Super fun and easy, and everyone's happy! P.S. I think I'm getting the hang of shaping them now. No puffy pig snouts!

12 comments:

  1. OMG.... Sheri, Totoro is my favorite character and you made such an adorable Totoro calzone!!! I can't eat it....but wait, it looks delicious... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Hello! :) Really a very nice blog and recipes favoloseee! I join you if you go to see me go!

    http://cupcakes-site.blogspot.com/ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when you make Totoros!! This one is super adorable. The little bear calzone is cute too, but Totoro has a special place in my heart :) Making calzones for bentos is a marvelous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TeacH me calzone chef! Both characters are so kawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo cute Sheri! Totoro is fantastic and the brown bear is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaahhhh! Totoro! Sheri you are the bento queen! These are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh! Lovely Sheri. I'm not much on cute bento boxes, but have always wanted a Totoro one as he is adorable. I agree with Heather. You are the bento queen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Nami, Cuppy, Natakiya, Xelia, Susan, Heather and Jenn :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are super amazing! Whodathunk to make your own calzones?? So cool! And really so easy to eat too. Love the totoro and bear one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is uber cute, I am fond of Totoro. Your calzone looks very tastefull !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Chantale! It's easy to make calzones. It's the same dough as for pizza, and in fact it's even easier to fill the pocket than to lay on top the crust!

    ReplyDelete