Thursday, April 21, 2011

Meowth Pokemon Bento

Meowth Pokemon Bento by sherimiya ♥
Meowth Pokemon Bento, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
Okay, not an Easter bento but MisterMan requested a Pokemon bento so here it is. I had to scan the Pokemon directory (yes, such a book exists, luckily in his library) to find one with "a round face with bumpy edges" to match the ravioli I had. Have you heard of Meowth? Well, I hadn't -- but apparently he is a talking Scratch Cat Pokemon member of Team Rocket, who does much of the brain work behind their criminal schemes. I decorated the spinach and three cheese ravioli with carrot, radish and nori details for his face, and used somen for his whiskers. He is accompanied by peapods, tomatoes, grapes, and a strawberry. Hurry and eat this one before the Pokemon get it... they look hungry...

15 comments:

  1. cute! I'm not really a fan of Pokemon, neither are my girls, but this is definitely cuter than Pokemon! At least to me.. hee... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool! I am not a Pokemon connoisseur.. thankfully. Lol! Is this really enough for MisterMan? Only 2 raviolis??

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness! That is so cool and so cute! I have to show this to my kiddos. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cute!!! Kidlet is still a big Pokeman fan too so he recognized Meowth right away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Rrrrawl! The details on Meowth are perfect, I hope Mister Man approved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever of you to use ravioli as the face. You've captured his facial expression very well...! Great job :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh...this is so cute! I love it. I can't believe how clever you are! Your kids are so lucky! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks ღᏓуռ էяɨռɨאღ, Chantale, Amy, Heather, Jenn, Michelle, Soh Hong Wei, Cooking Gallery, LittleAsianGirl and Lyndsey :D

    Chantale, NO way he'd make do with 2 ravioli!! There's 6 in there I think...

    ReplyDelete
  9. if there was a competition for turning ravioli into cool stuff, you'd definitely win! i will never forget that ravioli tiger, and this meowth is just as awesome (even though i never saw the character before this post). love his pasta whiskers (spikes?) and the jazzy colors of the veggies in the other section :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ravioli and baos; I could use these two media alone and be creatively satisfied for a long time. Too bad my kids wouldn't agree!
    Thanks for the compliments megan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so clever and creative! What a great Meowth!

    ReplyDelete