Thursday, December 8, 2011

Oops! Santa Bento

Oops! Santa Bento by sherimiya ♥
Oops! Santa Bento, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
Today I packed cheesy enchilada casserole topped with cheesy snowflakes. I don't have a mini snowflake cutter; can you believe it? But since no two snowflakes are alike, I took some liberties and just created some using the flower and star cutters I already had. Looks like Santa is heading into the snow-covered chimney! I saw this idea as a cupcake somewhere, and decided to make a bento version. The snow is cottage cheese, Santa's pants are apples, and his boots are grapes. I held them together with dried spaghetti, which will soften by lunchtime. In order to close this Lunchbot box, I moved the silicone cup to the center between the orange slices. Ho ho ho! I hope he makes it okay! ^_^

10 comments:

  1. You never fail to make my days with all your fun bentos! Keep it up, Sheri! ;)
    Oh, btw, CG of Cooking Gallery has a bento contest now till mid Dec (I forgotten the date but I'll send you the link later when I get back home or when I check after this). It's open for everyone. Come and join in the fun with us! ;)
    I haven't send in mine yet tho.. I'm trying to find a chance to make bentos now that it's the sch vacation here in SG.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun!! My children love the song 'When Santa got stuck up the chimney'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheri, here is the link to CG's bento contest link: http://cookinggallery.blogspot.com/2011/11/my-bento-contest.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is hilarious and cute!! GREAT JOB! LOVE EVERYTHING about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. John and I couldn't stop giggling over this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks very much Bobo, Yenny, Lyn, lisa9999, berrygirl, Keeley, Uniflame and karen... !!
    This Santa is easy because there's no face involved. Heh :D

    ReplyDelete