Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Butterfish Kabocha Bento

Butterfish Kabocha Bento by sherimiya ♥
Butterfish Kabocha Bento, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
The kids get butterfish misoyaki, one of my favorites (recipe here), pan-fried kabocha, and oven-roasted potatoes and Brussels sprouts. It was so hot today, and yet here I was roasting a bunch of stuff. What? This is the kind of bento I like to pack in the Fall; it's full of comfort food and warm flavors. There's also some carrots, juicy pluots (this one had dark red flesh and was pretty sweet, actually), and grapes. And a couple of Okinawan sweet potato fish shapes to round out the color spectrum. This is one bento that I might really love for myself. ^_^

5 comments:

  1. I can't stress enough that you really make healthy lunch for your kids. I highly admire of you Sheri! A lot of people focus on cute bento, but it's also hard to make it nutritious at the same time. You ace for both!!! I'm writing a post on saikyo yaki right now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love to get this for myself too...*wide grin*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Nami--what a talent you have for fusing charm, nutrition and tastiness in a bento! A lovely lunch :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep those colorful and healty bento coming. We love to see them Sheri (^.^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so sweet; I really appreciate that Nami. It's true that I don't always emphasize charaben, and I'm sure lots of parents don't feel they have the time and / or skill to keep it up all the time. Yet still you can manage a nice-looking bento that your child will still find appetizing, with not as much effort as you might think :)

    Thanks Yenny!

    Thanks a lot Bentobird; I love your kind comments. They always put a smile on my face :)

    Thanks Lia! I'm always happy to hear such nice words from a bento master like yourself :)

    ReplyDelete