Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tasty Chili Bento

Tasty Chili Bento by sherimiya ♥
Tasty Chili Bento, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
So the weather turns a little cool and what do I immediately think of? Chili! I winged it with this batch, not really measuring any spices but just adding and mixing until everything tasted just about right. Do you ever do that? I may have gone overboard with the chili powder and cumin, but I didn't hear any complaints. Just in case, I also sprinkled a little Maui brown sugar to tone down any excess heat. I had just enough left to pack for two bento the next day, served over white-brown-barley-quinoa rice. That was a close one. For my girl I used the Hello Kitty thermal jar. I decided to use the enameled stainless steel box I got at Daiso for the refreshing extras: delightful satsuma mandarin, cubed watermelon, carrot, pickled cucumbers, home-fermented sauerkraut, and a grape tomato. I hope this will keep the TinySprite going all day.

2 comments:

  1. oh *sigh* ... wish my girls would eat spicy chili too! So good...
    Always love all the colours in your meals! I am getting so sad with all the darkness, so delightful to cheer myself up here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are entering the depths of winter here soon too. Just pouring down rain the past day or two... but you have beautiful white snow to play with; how magical!
      Sending you warm thoughts from CA>>>...!

      Delete