Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Beet Hash and Egg Bento

Beet Hash and Egg Bento by sherimiya ♥
Beet Hash and Egg Bento, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
Today I tried something new, since my kids love taters so much: beet hash. It's just diced potatoes and onions, but with diced beets tossed into the mix. I'm telling ya; they couldn't really taste a difference. Or if they did, they didn't care too much. They obviously saw them in there, and I specifically asked MisterMan (since he doesn't care for beets) whether he knew they were beets, and he said "Of course! I know they're beets! But it's okay, I don't mind them when they're mixed in with other stuff." Score! I lay the hash on a bed of spinach and topped with a hard-boiled egg. It's kind of a breakfast-y lunch bento again, isn't it? The top tier of the tiffin holds broccoli, carrots, corn, grapes and white peach. We'll be eating this again for sure.

8 comments:

  1. Cute little smiles on the egg makes me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Beet hash sounds tasty :D and the eggies are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm beet hash! I love beets :) I'm glad Mister Man liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I don't know why he doesn't care for them. They taste so mild! I think it might be the texture... when they're crispy (like potatoes) they suddenly get more appealing.
      Thanks Ohayobento :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Sheri! I love all your creations :) It looks good and tastes good!!! I was wondering how you cook your corn. I usually microwave it and it always end up looking shriveled up(if not eaten right away). Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      I boil my corn for just a few minutes, then turn off the heat and leave the corn in the water until I'm ready to use it. If you let it cool in water, it doesn't shrivel up. Try it! Thanks for your sweet note :)

      Delete