Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Wraps Friends Bento and Corndog Minimuffins

A cute little bento for TinySprite in the round enamelware bowl with transparent lid I got from Daiso. It also comes in a square shape, and as nesting sets as well. These are a nice alternative to the stainless steel side boxes I usually use, and I like the clean white effect. Here I used four colorful silicone cups to keep things separate: chicken-lettuce-cheddar wraps in whole wheat tortillas, carrots, strawberries and grapes. I also tossed a couple of corndog minimuffins in her bento bag for snacktime. I made a batch of these cuties for MisterMan to take to school for his Valentine party (I found the recipe here), but of course I had to use chicken-apple sausages instead of hot dogs. They taste pretty good, if not exactly like corndogs. Fun idea though! Hope you all had a fun and enjoyable Valentines' Day with your loved ones. XO to you!

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Rina! These picks are from Ichiban Kan; they are the cutest ever.

      Delete
  2. Ahhh another bowl full of cuteness!~ :D Your bentos are always so inspirational and mouth watering :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love bowls of cuteness :D
      Thank you for the kind words Rini!

      Delete
  3. The clean white effect was what I first noticed. That and the abundance of cute picks :o) Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, don't the two elements go well together? I wonder if the white enamel will stain... but never mind since it won't happen today. I'll find out someday.
      Thanks Ceinwyn!

      Delete
  4. I love the mini corndog muffins! They look so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were fun to make; really quick and easy! Pretty fun to eat too :)
      Thanks berrygirl!

      Delete
  5. Oh hello little friends! How are you today? :) I love all of those little guys, they're precious. Those corndog muffins sound fantastic... I wonder how they'd be with some spicy chorizo? Mmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, you know they'd rock the chorizo! You better make 'em like that girl!
      Thanks Heather :)

      Delete
  6. Round and round, pretty and cute! Have to love this Zen form full of friends and delicious food!
    And now... I have another recipe bookmarked! I adore corn, corn meal, corn-whatever-corn... If the girls won't eat the muffins I might need to make the effort to end the batch (HA!)
    Hope you had a sweet Valentine´s Day too! Big sweet (coconut) smooches to you ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zen friends and food can never miss!
      Sweet corn is a good thing, I agree. Enough butter and the girls are sure to gobble them up I think!
      xoxs back to you! Thanks L!

      Delete
  7. These are so cute, Sheri! ^^ These muffins kind of remind me of those wiener buns from the Chinese bake shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AikoVenus! Yes, they do resemble those. What a great combo, I think!

      Delete
  8. Such cheerful picks, smiling perfection in this darling and tres tasty bento. Muffins have my tummy growling!

    ReplyDelete