Thursday, February 23, 2012

Spinach Gyoza Bento

Spinach Gyoza Bento by sherimiya ♥
Spinach Gyoza Bento, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
Gyoooooza! I found spinach wrappers in the grocery so I had to make gyoza. I think the green color is pretty cool-looking. I used ground turkey meat and added chopped scallions and choy mixed in to make the filling. This double stainless steel box set I got from Bento & Co comes in handy for this kind of bento. I placed as many gyoza as could fit into one box, atop a bed of shredded cabbage, and in the other box I packed the usual fruit (cara cara oranges, strawberry, blackberries, tomato) and vegetables (broccoli, carrots, and edamame). We have a glut of cara cara oranges around here; I can get a net bag of about 12 oranges for 99c. As a result, they make an appearance in daily bento, at breakfast, and in my midday smoothie. I love their ruby pink color, and they are sweet and juicy. Score!

14 comments:

  1. Spinach gyoza! cool ..
    It makes me hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh! Me too. Maybe a couple left for midnight snacking...

      Delete
  2. That Spinach Gyoza looks sooooo good. I wish I could have some. Hopefully they will start making Gluten Free wrappers soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never seen those! Maybe there is a rice version out there. I know some folks who roll out and cut their own wrappers. I know it's probably a simple recipe and method but it's so much more convenient to buy.
      Thanks MewlKitten :)

      Delete
  3. The color of Gyoza is wonderfui! I hope the taste of spinach is really intense as the color, I love spinach anything! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would love these then! I love spinach too :D
      Thanks berrygirl!

      Delete
  4. Spinach, turkey and scallion sound like a light and very yummy filling for these pretty green gyozas! I'm on team cara cara, too--love em! Happy weekend to you and yours :D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cara caras are wonderful this year, aren't they?
      Thanks a lot Jenn!

      Delete
  5. Wow, spinach gyoza looks great. Hv not seen these here yet, shall start looking out for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great! Hope you can find them Ming.
      Thanks a lot!

      Delete
  6. yum, love me some gyoza. these look especially healthy between the vitamin-packed wrapper and lean filling. love the skinny two-tier, too. great end of week treat... and hope you had a wonderful weekend with the family in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love me some gyoza too; I mean, who can resist!
      Thanks a lot megan!

      Delete
  7. these spinach gyozas look DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete