Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Chubby Calzone Bento

Chubby Calzone Bento by sherimiya ♥
Chubby Calzone Bento, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
It's calzone day today - filled with pepperoni, ham, mozzarella, and arugula - and I didn't take the time to make any particular shapes but when they came out, I thought they looked like chubby crabs. So I added a scrunched face and that's what we're calling it. Luckily MisterMan's fit inside his Sistema box perfectly. I like this box for calzones because the sections are pretty tall and can accomodate a chubby calzone very well! The other section contains cara cara oranges, blackberries, strawberries, carrots, broccoli and grapes.

15 comments:

  1. Cute! I love the variety of fruits and vegetables you put into your bentos. ^^ I especially love your carrot flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aiko -- we're lucky to have lots of fresh produce in CA even in winter. I choose the colorful ones for special interest; otherwise it's just apples and oranges.

      Delete
  2. It does look like a crab and I love its scrunched face! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! Looks like he's trying reaaaally hard at somethin'. ; ) I'd open up this bento lunch and smile and laugh.. and have a really happy lunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Uh, okayyyyy....
      At least he's happy about it :D
      Thanks Chantale!

      Delete
  4. Chubby indeed! hehehe ... Love all the fruits there! I'm trying hard to get the kids to eat their fruits after school. Sometimes, I feel that our fruits selection is a bit boring here *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What! You've got all the tropical fruit, all year long! I'm totally jealous of you...
      They're probably so used to seeing them all the time they prefer something more ordinary :D
      Thanks Lia ~ !

      Delete
  5. Lovely fruit section and I recognised it as cute chubby crab on the flickr thumbnail, so no doubt about that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute chubby crab n amazing colors always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chubby and sweeeet little guy! Has me in smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chubby cuddly crab! The expression... so cute it made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete