Thursday, June 23, 2011

Salmon Teriyaki Bento

Salmon Teriyaki Bento by sherimiya ♥
Salmon Teriyaki Bento, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
The kids got to pack Copper River Salmon in their bento today; I made a teriyaki glaze for them. I also roasted some quartered baby new potatoes in olive oil and a little black pepper. They really love those. There's more of the beautiful Okinawan sweet potato (which I love), steamed broccoli, and bicolor corn on the cob with the various fruit of summer: cantaloupe, strawberries, cherries, grapes. Oop, forgot the pluots. They'll definitely make it into the next set of bentos. Until next time!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors evoke health and flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!
    I'm always amazed at the incredible number of colors in your bentos.

    Silly question about how you do it - Do you shop for fruits most every day? (I can usually only do 1 or two types of fruits in my bentos because we have to use them up before they go bad. I'm wondering if there's a better way.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, what a nice blog! I have to follow you, you make me hungry :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot Debra!
    Amy V.~ I usually shop for fruit once a week at my local farmer's market. If it's not too hot they'll last all week. If I see something during the week I'll pick it up as well. My family loves fruit so they go through it very quickly. If you don't eat them as fast, you might be better off buying one of each every few days, if you can manage to find time to shop that often. Hope that helps!

    Thanks a lot mccandie :D

    Thank you galdranorn. Appreciate the kind words and the follow :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip Sheri! You're a dear!

    ReplyDelete