Monday, June 20, 2011

A Bunch o' Pizza Bento

Pizza Bento by sherimiya ♥
Pizza Bento, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
Today's bento is homemade pizza and summer-fresh fruit; a delightful combo that everyone loves. Three of us got a bento! TinySprite took her bento to preschool with her while MisterMan and I shared the two-tiered tiffin (again) after we spent the morning swimming and playing at the pool. Yes, I'm loving this summer routine so far :D The whole wheat pizza crust is topped with mushroom, onion, fresh tomato and chopped broccoli stalk (heh) with melted cheese on top. I've packed a variety of sides including: Okinawan sweet potato, broccoli, carrot, cherries, peaches, nectarines and my favorite dark red pluots. I have so many fresh fruit in the house it's ridiculously hard to choose how to pack each day's treats.
Oh, and it was Father's Day yesterday! Did you celebrate? The things that I treasure most about mine: the beachcombing walks together, the salt water aquarium he helped me set up to watch the creatures we collected, watching him catch, gut and clean fish, the trips to Tamashiro Market... but what I hold dearest is the sweet, tangible love he had for me, for my kids, and for my mom. I love you Dad!

5 comments:

  1. Yummy pizza!! Home made to boot. This is Keira's kind of bento! Aw.. your dad sounds wonderful! Hope you enjoyed your Father's Day weekend Sheri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad could not of been less than great. Look how wonderful his daughter turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bento and lovely tribute to your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Kat, Chantale, Debra and Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete