Monday, November 9, 2009

Teriyaki Salmon Bento


Teriyaki Salmon Bento, originally uploaded by sherimiya ♥.
Teriyaki salmon for MisterMan, lightly steamed peapods, plus 2 kinds of carrot skewers: purple & maroon, and yellow half-moons. Sweet potato oak leaves. Dinosaur egg plum, strawberries and blackberries. New potato flower detail.
Now that it's fall, I will have less color in my boy's bento :(
In this one, I like the bright yellow of the carrot skewer. I wish I could find more of these carrots for that focal punch! But often I will rely on a small cutout floral (or other) detail as a last resort as well. Even a tiny bit of effort will go a long way toward beautifying a "plain" bento :)

8 comments:

  1. sherimiya, I love this bento! And I love how you described the creative process of working out those somethings extra--the beautifying details that are the joy of bentoing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bentobird... I am really happy with how this one turned out. Sometimes it's not necessarily the cuteness that appeals, but rather the overall balance that pleases :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how i wish they sold the skewered potatoes here - they make the bento look fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks javapot.. those are colorful carrots actually, and they are only available here during the summer.. they do add a nice shot of color for bento :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks so awesome. I love how colorful it is

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet family photo!

    Your children are lucky to have you. You are so clever and your food is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much! I really appreciate your nice comments :D

    ReplyDelete